7/19/10

LOVE - This






HATE - Unnecessary Tip Options
(/groan)

I decided to go to Babaz for some lunch today. I decided to pay with debit, as always, and after I accept the cost, the machine asks me how much of a tip I would like to add. How about, zero. This is like having a tip option at McDonalds, or any other fast food restaurant, absolutely ridiculous. It's definitely not the first time I've noticed this, and I'll admit, if I were operating a restaurant I'd want to try and maximize any chances to make money, but I am a huge stickler for speed when using anything other than cash to pay, just leave a tip jar instead. Related to payment speed, the addition of all these chip cards is driving me nuts. I understand that it adds security, but nothing beats just swiping the Visa, scribbling a signature and bailing. Now I'm stuck in chip card limbo, the cashier thinking its a debit card, then having to redo it, then not leaving the card in long enough, etc. etc. In and out, like a ninja, that's all I ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment