1/23/10

Love - These Songs 


I've given up on trying to make these work

Dragonette - Pick Up The Phone (Michael Van She Remix)
Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart 
Sigur Ros - Saeglopur (Crash Overdrive Remix)
Minus The Bear - Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse 
Hate - The Simpsons Intro

Now, I would consider my friends and I some of the biggest Simpson's fans around, so it pains me to ever go against anything Simpsons related, but after watching a recent episode, I realized something that has bothered me for a long time. It's really small and trivial, and this is not a hate against the entire introducton, but after watching so many episodes, I notice it every time. In the original extended intro, as Homer is leaving the powerplant, he drops a radioactive rod, which bounces, and apparently lands in the back of his shirt, as he pulls it out later in the sequence. But as it's animated, the rod never actually goes in, just kind of hits his shirt. Drives me nuts.

3 comments:

  1. how can you go against the simpsons!!! NOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. all in favor to boycott love/hate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, this is a very fundamental property of inanimate glowing rods: they always stick to shirts. Nothing more, nothing less. Next time read a text book, and you'll become more familiar with "Ian's Fundamental Law of Shirt-moe-dynamics."









    PS Fuck you

    ReplyDelete